La Rosa Greenhouses
Woodstown, New Jersey
La Rosa Greenhouses is committed to “Keeping the Earth Green.” Clean, renewable and affordable Solar Electricity Generation on-premise is a critical part of their sustainability initiatives.
- Be the most “green” greenhouse on the east coast
- Lower carbon footprint to reduce their impact and be an environmentally friendly greenhouse operation
- Cost savings and predictability vs. grid-supplied electricity
SolarSense developed the Solar PV System to power 45% of the electricity needs of La Rosa, including their greenhouse operation and retail store.
- Solar System Description: 58 kW Solar PV system comprised of: 252 SolarWorld 235W Panels; Ground mount and racking; Grid tied solar Inverters.
- Annual Production: 73,000 kWh’s
- Business Model: 10-year Loan Agreement
- Financing: Private financing 3rd party debt-capital
Sustainability: As of July 2011, La Rosa was using 45% green solar electricity. Cost Savings:
- $0 out of pocket capital for the La Rosa’s
- Predictability in electricity costs for 25+ years
- Term of contract cost savings projected at over $530,000 vs. grid-supplied electricity
When the banks would not loan us the capital for a solar system, SolarSense came through for us and has exceeded our expectations as a partner.
C. La Rosa
Alternative Energy Development Group helps commercial-scale clients reduce their energy demand, reduce their energy supply costs, and become more sustainable and resilient. Our singular focus is solving customers' energy needs by utilizing proven technologies that deliver meaningful
financial, sustainability & resiliency benefits.