Santa Clara County
Santa Clara County, California
The County of Santa Clara is committed to “Keeping the Earth Green”. Clean, renewable and affordable alternative energy is a critical part of their sustainability mission.
- As a responsible member of the community, Santa Clara County strives to be the industry leader in sustainability
- Lower carbon footprint to become a more environmentally friendly county while serving residents at the highest level
- Cost savings and predictability vs. grid-supplied electricity
AEDG teamed with Bloomenergy and SPG Solar to deliver a combined Bloom Energy
Server Fuel Cell and Solar PV solution. AEDG and SCC executed a 20-year PPA
incorporating both energy technologies and 14 County-owned sites.
- Fuel Cell Description: 2.6 MWs of Bloom Energy Servers at multiple sites
- Annual Production: 24,500,000 kWh’s
- Solar System Description: 2.54 MW Solar PV systems at multiple sites
- Annual Production: 3,800,000 kWh’s
- Financing: Private financing including Tax Equity, Sponsor Equity and Debt
- Investment Tax Credit & MACRS Depreciation and State of CA SGIP & CSI incentives.
- Sustainability: Reduction of 208 million lbs. of CO2 vs. grid over 20 years.
- Community / Educational Benefits:
- Funding / granting of 10 wishes for eligible children with life-threatening illnesses via “Watts-for-Wishes” /Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Creation of County “Community Center for Renewable Energy”, including awareness & training for SCC residents
- Cost Savings: 20-year total net electricity savings for SCC: $15,730,000+
By unanimous approval, the Board of Supervisors of The County of Santa Clara approves the PPA contract with Developer AEDG.
The Board of Supervisors, County of Santa Clara
Alternative Energy Development Group helps commercial-scale clients reduce their energy demand, reduce their energy supply costs, and become more sustainable and resilient. Our singular focus is solving customers' energy needs by utilizing proven technologies that deliver meaningful
financial, sustainability & resiliency benefits.